Specifications of the Littmann Stethoscope
The 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope is perfect for physical assessment, blood pressure, heart monitoring, listening to the lungs and other health diagnoses with dependable acoustic functioning. This unit provides reliable, thorough quality that features the portable single-sided Chest piece for extra convenience, all at an affordable cost. This 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope is ideal for EMT/EMS, nursing students, licensed practical nurses, licensed vocational nurses, certified nursing assistances, medical assistants and other professionals in the medical field. The finish of the Chest piece is a coated alloy, with further specs as follows:
o Size is 1.75” / 4.4 cm
o Single sided technology
o Weight 1.8 oz – Metric 50 g
2. Diaphragm material is fiberglass/epoxy
3. Eartip type is soft sealing and firm
o Material is Anodized aluminum/wide diameter aerospace alloy
o Length is 28 in. Metric 71 cm
5. 3M Littmann environmental benefit
o The next-generation tubing is not a natural rubber and contains no phthalate plasticizers.
o Overall weight is 120 oz. Metric 120 g
o Colors of tubing include burgundy, ocean blue, black, Caribbean blue, raspberry, purple, cell blue, peach, pine green, pearl pink
6. Warranty period is two years and includes free repairs on any material or manufacturing flaws or imperfections
Further specifications of the 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope includes:
• The single-sided Chestpiece is made for easier maneuvering and easier handling
• With a slight pressure adjustment on the Chestpiece, the tunable diaphragm features low and high-frequency sounds
• The Soft-sealing Eartips deliver an outstanding acoustic seal with a comfortable and relaxed fit
• The angled eartubes line up with the ear canals.
• The headset is adjustable for personal comfort and perfect fit
• The unit features a non-chill rim and diaphragm for the ease and comfort of the patient
• Product is made in the USA
• Item is latex-free
Features of the 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope
The 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope is durable and lightweight, with dependability in its acoustic performance when in use for lung, heart, and blood assessment. This is a highly cost-effective clinical tool that is completely reliable in taking patients’ blood pressures and engaging in most physical evaluations.
Chest Piece Characteristics
The single-sided Chest piece is economical and provides the convenience of portability while delivering excellent sound quality. The tunable diaphragm aspect, a 3M creation, allows medical specialists to listen to various frequency sounds by a simple adjustment in pressure on the Chest piece. Two-sided units need to be turned and repositioned for efficient use, unlike this single-sided model. Press lightly while holding the Chest piece to listen to low frequency, pressing a little firmer for higher frequencies. As a result, the medical professional can concentrate on the patient, who is comforted by the non-chill rim.
The tension on the headset is easily adjustable for comfort and ease of fit. You will experience a perfect fit according to head size by grasping together or pulling apart the ear tubes.
Ear tips Qualities
The fit of the Soft-sealing Ear tips adapts to each individual’s ears with its snap-tight fit for excellent acoustic sound and a personal fit. They easily snap securely onto the ear tubes. The also require substantial effort to remove them for safety purposes. The next-generation tubing is resilient and made to retain its flexibility and shape despite the handling. The manufacturing of the item allows for longer life of the stethoscope, along with higher quality resistance to alcohol, skin oils and resistance to stains.
A benefit of the article is that it is not made with rubber latex that can compromise sensitive skin of both the patients and the medical specialists. Another advantage is there are no phthalate plasticizers in the next-generation tubing in an attempt to protect the environment and human health. The unit and Soft-sealing Eartips come with instructions.
The 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope is a favored piece of clinical equipment used by numerous medical professionals worldwide, considering the health and well-being of the patients. With superior quality, wearing this stethoscope exudes personal success while fulfilling your commitment in the field of medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some common questions regarding the 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope. Each question may have one, two or more responses.
• Does the stethoscope come with ear buds?
o Other than the actual rubber ones, no it does not.
o It comes with what is pictured when purchasing, but no extra buds.
• Does the burgundy look pink?
o No, I’ve seen it before it looks like a dark wine color
o No, just a dark turquoise
• What is the comparison of weight between the ii SE and select?
o Both are very similar and considered lightweight. The Select has a single-sided Chestpiece which is 2 grams heavier. The 1.75” Chestpiece is slightly smaller than the double-sided.
• Would this make a great gift for a respiratory therapist?
o Yes, it is very nice
• Is this item available for shipment worldwide?
o No, only ship to the Contiguous States.
o Some can ship worldwide if shipping costs are all paid by buyer.
• Is this a good stethoscope for pediatrics?
• How does this compare acoustically to the Littmann Lightweight? The one with the spade-shaped head?
o I have found that it is more sensitive to sound. I can hear my heart beat in a wider area.
o This one has the round-shape, one-sided Chestpiece.
• The product states it requires batteries. Is that correct?
o No batteries required. That is an error.
• What is the Chestpiece made of?
o The part that touches the skin is plastic and the top is alloy metal.
• Does this stethoscope work with the MDF sphygmomanometer?
o Yes. The sphygmomanometer is to create an external pressure in the arm that will obliterate the blood flow of the brachial artery and then when the pressure is slowly released, the sounds in the antecubital area will let you determine the value of both systolic and diastolic arterial pressures. Works like a charm with your equipment, as long as it is a regular one without a built-in stethoscope. In any case, it is a good item to buy and keep.
• Does it come with a bell?
o Yes, it does on the one-side unit.
• Does the unit come in a sealed package?
Below are some comments by people who purchased the 3M Littmann Select Stethoscope. Reviews reveal the satisfaction with this item. Comments were all posted on 3M.com.
1. Excellent quality – I bought mine about 12 years ago and still using it in the Cardiology field today. Excellent and still looks brand new with the same earbuds on it. Has not failed to perform for me yet. Highly recommend this model. Good clarity!
2. 5 Stars – I love it
3. Great item! The stethoscope is straightforward and stylish, delivering excellent sound while testing on patients. I am impressed, and it’s even a budget oriented product. I bought mine for 50 Euros, at half the price. It was worth the wait. I recommend it to everyone!
4. Awesome-O! I love it!! It’s awesome! For sure 10/10.
5. Five stars – Great stethoscope for the money! I love it; the quality is exquisite. I would buy another one for sure.
6. 6. I purchased this stethoscope to use in an expert nursing facility, and it is more than satisfactory, especially at such an economical cost. My prior stethoscope used to pull at my hair and was heavy. This one is so lightweight; I forget I am wearing it. And the earpieces are very comfortable.
7. Great value with Littmann quality – As an EMT, I have tried cheaper stethoscopes offered me by employers. I chose to purchase my own and received recommendations regarding the Littmann brand. Despite the price, I bought the Select model. I am impressed with the differences in this item. The pressure sensitivity and single bell make the acoustic in a fast-moving ambulance much easier, providing better patient care. Great value and good product. Strongly recommended.
8. This stethoscope is by far the best I have ever had – I have used many different stethoscopes throughout my 20 years as an EMS, but I feel this is the best choice I have made by far. It provides superior sound and is excellent quality. This stethoscope is well worth the cost.
9. Love it – This stethoscope is great. I can hear everything through it. It is very light too, and you can barely feel it lying around your neck. What a great price too, and you can’t beat this brand. On top of it all, I get compliments on it all the time for the beautiful color that it is.
10. Love it – I will be an LPN soon, and I purchased this for my clinical rotations for school and lovedddddd it! Great product